This semester went by so quickly! I guess the saying, "Time flies when you are having fun!" hold true! I have LOVED interning with 3rd grade. The students took me in and wanted me to stay longer than I could. I have learned so much from my mentor teacher and from my third grade students this semester! I am truly going to miss this group of students. They have taken me in and made me feel right at home. I wish I had been with them the previous semester, so I could see an even bigger improvement than the one I have witnessed over the past few months. Teaching my five day unit plan on a topic I was not familiar with, really helped improve my confidence as a teacher. Science is not my strongest subject, but I worked hard to make the lessons fun and it paid off. The students seemed to love the unit, so it really helped improve my confidence in the area. I was also nervous about working with older students, but they made the experience a breeze.
These past two weeks were CRCT prep week and the beginning of the testing. I am really glad that I was able to witness this because it was great experience. I was able to learned about fun ways to review information. I also was able to witness how stressful the situation is from a teacher’s stand point. I remember how stressful the week was as a student, but now I am able to see how the teacher feels. I feel for all of them and am looking forward to it being over on Thursday!
I have enjoyed working with this blog. It has allowed me to not only blog and relieve stress, but I am able to now look back on my previous blogs and laugh at some of the stuff I forgot about. I also enjoyed looking at my peers' blogs. It is comforting to know that they are feeling the same way I am: nervous, confused, used at times haha, but also happy to help, excited, and thrilled to see my dreams of becoming a teacher turn into reality! I am going to miss this group of girls and guys next semester when we are all alone in the "working world" as an intern!
I have enjoyed working with this blog. It has allowed me to not only blog and relieve stress, but I am able to now look back on my previous blogs and laugh at some of the stuff I forgot about. I also enjoyed looking at my peers' blogs. It is comforting to know that they are feeling the same way I am: nervous, confused, used at times haha, but also happy to help, excited, and thrilled to see my dreams of becoming a teacher turn into reality! I am going to miss this group of girls and guys next semester when we are all alone in the "working world" as an intern!
Thanks for this wonderful reflection on the semester - it has been quite a time for all of us. I hope you won't be alone next semester. For me, keeping in touch with others will keep you sane as you wade into this deeper part of being a teacher. Friends help us stay afloat. :)
ReplyDeleteI've enjoyed talking with you here, and the community we have created.
Beth